Himesh Reshammiya turns 42 this Thursday (23rd July). He is a multi-talented star of Bollywood, he is an Indian music director, singer, film actor, television producer, lyricist, film producer, film writer, and distributor. Himesh Reshammiya is from Gujarat. His father Vipin Reshammiya was born at Dungar, a small village near Rajula. Himesh speaks fluent Gujarati.
Here are some interesting facts about Himesh which you would like to know :
- With a series of popular film scores (500 songs, 100 films) & a string of 36 song hits, he was considered to be one of the top music directors in Indian cinema.
- In August 2010, it was announced that music video director Roman White was going to direct videos (to be filmed in September) for Reshammiya’s first international album in English, named @ Da Edge, which released in 122 countries by July 2011.
- At the age of 21, Reshammiya married Komal and they have a son, named Swayam, born 1996 or 1997. His family, including his parents, avoid media attention.
- He lost his elder brother at the age of 11 and decided to take up music as his career after the incident, to fulfill his father’s wishes.
- He did his schooling at Hill Grange School in the Peddar Road area, Mumbai.
- At the age of 16 and before Himeshji went into music direction, he produced television serials for Zee TV which included serials such as Andaz & Amar Prem.
- Himesh’s music has its own unique style of composition which is based on a fusion of Western and Indian classical music with catchy techno beats.
- Himesh Reshammiya gave Mika his first-ever break in Bollywood but somehow that song wasn’t released.
- His first movie as an actor was Aap Kaa Surroor – the movie – the real luv story which released on 29 June 2007.
- Himesh’s Gharana has won 2 consecutive Saregamapa Challenge events held in 2007 and 2008.
- Himesh had vowed not to work with Vikram Bhatt after Red – The Dark Side, as Vikram lied to him about the script.
- Aap Kaa Surroor released alongside Awarapan and Apne. Aap Kaa Surroor won the battle as it took off an electrifying opening.
We wish Himesh a very Happy Birthday!